HOW TO APPLY FOR KENYAN VISA
If your traveling bags are already parked to travel to Kenya, set them aside, and read this blog post on how to apply for a Kenyan visa to save yourself a lot of stress.
Africa is a beautiful continent that offers its visitors beautiful sceneries and experiences. Kenya is one of Africa’s fast-developing countries with a lot of tourist attractions and glamorous sites. Kenya’s capital; Nairobi is an amazing city with clean beaches and stunning destinations you can visit for your vacations and tours. If you’ve made your list of countries to visit in Africa and you haven’t included Kenya, then your list is incomplete. Leaving out Kenya from your list of must-visit countries is like baking a cake and leaving out the icing that makes it melt in the mouth.
Citizens of some African countries do not need a visa to get into Kenya. However, that cannot be said for Nigerians who must have a Kenyan Visa to gain entry into Kenya.
Consequently, if you must have a visa to gain entrance into Kenya, then you should know how to apply for a Kenyan visa. Before you go ahead with your application, here’s something you should know about having a Kenyan visa.
Having a Kenyan Visa doesn’t grant you entry into Kenya because you’ll have to meet the requirements of the immigration service before you enter the country. These immigration requirements make you eligible to apply for a Kenyan Visa. Here are immigrants that are not eligible to gain entry into Kenya even if they have a visa;
- Ex-convicts or persons whose presence in Kenya poses a threat to its inhabitants.
- Persons who do not agree to go for medical tests as advised by the immigration ACT.
- Persons declared unfit to travel due to some serious health challenges that endanger them and/or people around them when they travel.
Kenyan Visa Requirements
Once you are certified eligible to apply for a Kenyan visa, then these following requirements should be made ready to obtain your visa.
- A passport which is valid for a minimum of six (6) months with a blank page for your entry stamp
- Two recent passport photographs
- Photocopies of passport showing your passport number, picture and bio-data page.
- A properly filled and signed Form 22 (Kenyan visa application form)
- Visa processing fees
- Marriage certificate
- Childbirth certificate (if any)
- Proof of financial abilities
- Invitation letter (if you are visiting a family) or Hotel bookings (if you are visiting for business or any other purposes)
- Travel itinerary
- Tax clearance
Note: You should know that an incorrectly filled application form will make you ineligible.
Categories of Kenyan Visa
There are various categories of Kenyan Visa which include;
Single-Entry Visa: This visa is given to those who need to enter Kenya for business, tourism, and treatment purposes. This visa is valid for three (3) months, and once you leave Kenya, you will need to apply for another visa.
Transit visa: This is a Kenyan visa issued to travelers who need to journey through Kenya to their destination. It is valid for 3 days.
Service Visa: This visa is approved for individuals who need to travel to Kenya for official purposes.
Courtesy Visa: This visa is issued to diplomatic officials, service passport holders, and other country officials that are traveling to Kenya for official duties.
Multiple-Entry Visa: this visa is issued to individuals who make frequent visits to Kenya, and it is valid for 6 months – 1 year.
How to apply for a Kenyan visa online;
- Create an account on the eVisa homepage by clicking on create an account.
- Click on ‘register as a visitor.’
- Select the ‘Department of Immigration services.’
- Select ‘apply now’ to make an application.
- Fill your application form correctly.
- Submit your application.
- Choose your payment method and make your payment deposit.
- An approval email will pop up; once it arrives via your email, download and prints the Kenyan eVisa.
- Use your printed Kenyan eVisa to get into Kenya after presenting it to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
Having known what you need to do to apply for a Kenyan visa, go ahead and ensure that you apply at least seven days before your travel. Then wait for 2 business days to collect it after processing.
- Kenya visa application form
- How much is Kenya visa from Nigeria
- Kenya e visa processing time
- Kenya visa on arrival 2019
- is Kenya visa-free to Nigeria
- Kenya visa on arrival for Nigerian Citizens
- Kenya visa Application Requirements